Greg Raymer Profile
Greg Raymer has also had online success winning his first World Championship of Online Poker in the PLO with rebuys Event #6 of 2007 for $168k and finishing second twice in the Sunday Million. Raymer has been a visible advocate of poker in Washington D.C. and as one of the original Team PokerStars Pro team. Raymer was born June 25, 1964 in Minot, North Dakota and presently resides in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Raymer moved a lot during his childhood; including North Dakota, Michigan, Florida, Missouri.
- Raymer graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Masters in Biochemistry.
- Raymer graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School.
- Raymer practiced law for more than a decade, the last few years for pharmaceutical company Pfizer.
- Raymer started selling fossils as card protectors to fellow players in 1996, which eventually became his infamous "FossilMan" nickname.
- Before the 2004 Main Event, Raymer had some WSOP success starting in 2001 finishing 12th in a Omaha Hi-Lo Split event.
- Raymer had a backing deal when he won the WSOP $5 million first prize, leaving him with about $1.7 million after giving his backers $2.1 million and paying taxes.
- Raymer is a member of the Board of Directors of the Poker Players Alliance.
- If Raymer were to give up poker, he would ideally become a golf pro.
Greg "FossilMan" Raymer considers himself a role model and has worked hard to represent poker in the most responsible manner possible since his WSOP Main Event win in 2004.
A couple Raymer videos:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates