Chau Giang Profile
- Giang fled Vietnam in a small boat eventually arriving in Florida in the last 1970's.
- Giang worked minimum wage jobs and eventually moved to Colorado taking a chef job that paid $160 a week.
- Giang earned $100k in his first year as a poker professional in the 1990's.
- Giang is next door neighbors to Doyle Brunson.
- At the 2003 World Series of Poker, Giang was dealt K,K and got it all in preflop against his opponent's A,A. When the flop came 3,6,A. Giang said goodbye, got up and headed out to his car when a man ran up to him and said he had just hit K on the turn, and K on the river, for four of a kind kings.
- Giang was a member of "The Corporation" that took on Texas Billionaire Andy Beal in a series of highest-stakes cash games.
- Giang admits that he has lost over a 20 million dollar bankroll playing craps, a game of luck. He no longer touches the game.
- Giang has had success online as well, winning 2.1 million playing online in 2008.
Despite the occasional tournament and WSOP events, Chau Giang continues to do well in all high stakes cash games. He joined Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan and others in Macau recently where he played ultra high stakes poker against some Chinese businessmen. Giang won a €1.9 million pot when his opponent went all-in on the turn with a full house, but Giang had a better full house. The board was J-J-T-A-3 and the Chinese player had A-J, and Giang had Aces.
A video tour of his home and a hand where Giang makes a betting mistake but calls out Lederer's hand:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates