Jason Mercier Profile
- Mercier says he's not related to Isabelle Mercier, fellow Team PokerStars pro, but that his name and background include seven different ethnicities, the largest single portion being Portugese (25%).
- Mercier started playing poker when he was 15.
- Mercier was inspired by seeing Chris Moneymaker win the 2003 World Series of Poker and started playing at home with friends soon after.
- Mercier won his $1.375 million EPT San Remo tournament five months after his 21st birthday.
- Mercier and his group of friends were attacked in a club by some random Italian guys after the win with a broken bottle shoved in his back, kicked in the face, and spent a few days in the hospital.
- Mercier's favorite game when not playing tournaments is PLO cash.
- Mercier has had success with over $1 million in online tournament winnings as treysfull21 and JasonMercier.
- Mercier won a World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) bracelet in September 2010 for $435,862.
- Mercier has a lucky striped shirt that he wore at EPT San Remo and at several other wins.
Jason Mercier is one of the new generation of dominating tournament pors. He is not afraid to make bold moves and great reads in pressure situations. He lives poker, to the exclusion of almost everything else.
Two videos demonstrating Mercier's ability to make a great call or bluff in tournaments:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates