Erick Lindgren Profile
- Lindgren grew up with two brothers in a small town where his father owned a tire shop. He played tons of basketball, football and baseball.
- Lindgren discovered his love for poker while at a local junior college where he eventually quit to pursue poker.
- Lindgren worked as a blackjack dealer and as a poker prop player in his early days of his poker career.
- Lindgren's first tournament win came in 2000 at the Wild Wild West tournament in San Pablo, California.
- Lindgren was the 2004 WPT Player of the Year.
- Lindgren is a neighbor to Daniel Negreanu, and he considers Gavin Smith and Negreanu as two of his closest friends.
- Lindgren was named 2008 WSOP player of the year when he had 5 total cashes and took home over $1.3 million.
- Lindgren once won a $350k prop bet with Gavin Smith, Phil Ivey and others where he had to play four consecutive rounds of golf at Las Vegas' Bear's Best Golf course between sunrise and sunset. He had to carry his own bag and shoot under 100 in each of the four rounds. Temperatures reached 106 degrees, and he suffered heat exhaustion while losing 12 pounds, but he won the bet.
- Lindgren authored a poker book, World Poker Tour: Making the Final Table, which covers strategy for poker tournaments.
- Lindgren enjoys prop and sports betting, being a particularly large Gonzaga basketball supporter.
- Lindgren is currently dating poker pro Erica Schoenberg, who used to date David Benyamine.
Erick "E-dog" Lindgren has had a tremendous run in his first decade in poker. He had a lot of quality big live tournament wins and is poised to be a force for years to come.
Lindgren playing a couple TV poker hands and a NSFW parody video of his successful 2008:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates