Chris Ferguson Profile
- Both Ferguson's parents have doctoral degrees in mathematics.
- Ferguson's father teaches game theory and theoretical probability at UCLA.
- Ferguson attended UCLA undergrad for 5 years and earned a PHD in computer science after 13 years.
- Ferguson has turned $1 into more than $20k over 6 months of playing online poker, having done it a second time from $0 to $10k by first starting in freerolls as a personal challenge and to show it could be done.
- Ferguson is nicknamed "Jesus" because of his trademark long brown hair and beard.
- Ferguson adopted his trademark wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses in an effort to disguise the fact that he was a college student.
- Ferguson is the only player to have won three WSOP circuit events.
- Ferguson is president of the swing dancing club at UCLA.
- Ferguson can throw playing cards fast enough to cut through bananas, carrots and even melons from a distance of 10 feet.
Chris "Jesus" Ferguson is one of the very recognizable icons of tournament poker. With the easing of his self imposed exile from WPT events and his continued good WSOP results, Ferguson should be a live tournament force for years to come.
A Heads Up Championship video and Ferguson's last hand at the 2000 WSOP ME:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates