Chris Moneymaker Profile
Read his GosuGamers interview HERE
- Moneymaker's ancestors made silver and gold coins and chose the name "Moneymaker" as a modification of their German last name: "Nurmacher."
- Moneymaker earned a master's degree in accounting from the University of Tennessee.
- Moneymaker was a comptroller and part-time employee at a local restaurant at the time of his WSOP win.
- Moneymaker qualified for the WSOP Main Event through a $39 online satellite tournament.
- The 2003 WSOP Main Event was Moneymaker's first live tournament.
- Besides the 2003 WSOP, Moneymaker finished second in a WPT event and fifth and sixth in a couple of World Championship of Online Poker events.
- Moneymaker considers Phil Ivey and Tom Dwan the two best poker players in the world, but loathes having to play Joe Hachem and Barry Greenstein more as they always seem to get the better of him.
Chris Moneymaker has had modest success since his infamous WSOP win, but he remains a talisman of public fascination for paving the way for the common man to reach the heights of poker, especially through the internet.
Moneymaker's most famous bluff against Sammy Farha that helped him win the 2003 WSOP Main Event:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates