Scotty Nguyen Profile
- Scotty Nguyen is the eldest of 13 children.
- Nguyen lived in a refugee camp for three years as he fled war-torn Vietnam with his family.
- Nguyen was expelled from school for spending too much time in underground poker games.
- Nguyen attended dealer school at 21, working at Harrah's where hw would make $150 a night and then lose it at $3/$6 Stud.
- One night after guest dealing in Lake Tahoe, Nguyen ran up his meager bankroll up to $7,000.
- Nguyen returned to Las Vegas feeling invincible and gambled his roll up to $1 million.
- Nguyen started playing with the biggest poker players, living in Caesars Palace and winning $50-100k a night.
- Nguyen's bad habits of over spending and drug use caught up to him and after a bad losing streak, he went broke. He would go broke several more times.
- His most famous line at the table was to Kevin McBride heads up at the 1998 WSOP Main Event "You call this one, and it's all over, baby!"
- Despite his penchant for lots of bling, Nguyen doesn't wear his 1998 WSOP Main Event bracelet because his brother was killed by a car the very next day.
- Nguyen took down his first WPT Championship in just one hand.
- He owns a Kinkajou monkey, F2 Savannah cat and a Serval.
- He suffered a meltdown and depression following his 11th place finish in the 2007 Main Event
- Nguyen's favorite line at the table "That's poker, baby!"
- He uses "baby" at the end of most every written or spoken sentence.
Scotty "The Prince of Poker" Nguyen has always been known as a charming affable character who enjoys his beer. Scotty undermined a lot of his fan's goodwill when he put on a drunken and boorish display when he won the 2008 $50,000 WSOP H.O.R.S.E. event. The last couple years he has been working hard to dispel the image of him being a loudmouth drunk. He has an active fan base and often Tweets and runs promotions for his fans. In 2009, Nguyen won the inaugural LA Poker Classic $10,000 H.O.R.S.E World Championship at the Commerce Casino's annual LA Poker Classic Series. He earned $339,743 and further cemented Nguyen's reputation as one of the greatest masters of all variations of fixed limit poker.
Fun video of Scotty Nguyen and Negreanu impersonating Scotty Nguyen at National Heads Up Championship:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates