Dawnbreaker added to Captain's Mode just in time for The International 10
Less than a month before the long-awaited The International 10, Valve deployed a new patch update, adding Dawnbreaker to Captain's Mode while also making several balance changes to a plethora of heroes and items.
Besides Dawnbreaker’s addition to the hero pool for TI10, patch 7.30c also brings a couple of other general changes, like nerfs to the jungle stacks and the Ancients spells.
- Stacked Neutral Creeps gold and XP bounty reduced by 15% (Stacker gold bonus unaffected)
- Ancient Black Dragon: Fireball Mana Cost increased from 100 to 200
- Ancient Thunderhide: Frenzy Mana Cost increased from 50 to 75
- Ancient Thunderhide: Slam Mana Cost increased from 90 to 150.
In the items department, the most prominent nerfs were applied to Echo Sabre, and Helm of the Overlord, both getting their stats lowered as follows.
- Bonus Mana Regeneration from 2.25 to 1.75
- Bonus Strength reduced from 15 to 13
HELM OF THE OVERLORD
- Recipe Cost reduced from 1250 to 1225 (Total cost unchanged)
- Bonus attributes reduced from +8 to +7
- Bonus Health Regen reduced from +8 to +7
- Bonus Armor reduced from +8 to +7
- Dominated Creep Bounty increased from +200 to +250
Three of the newly added neutral items in 7.30 also got toned down a bit, most noticeably, Witchbane’s active Dispel got changed from affecting all enemies and allies within 300 radius to now being a single target spell. From the older neutral items, Telescope got its bonus cast range reduced from 125 to 110 while the bonus attack range was also reduced from 125 to 110.
Giant Ring was also touched by the nerf hammer and got the bonus strength reduced from 40 to 35 and the bonus movement speed reduced from 60 to 50.
Plenty of heroes got either buffed or nerfed in today’s patch, which is very likely the last one that we will see until after TI10. While the current meta heroes got slightly nerfed through either talents or stats abilities tweaks, some that might have seemed overly nerfed in the 7.30 big patch, got now slightly buffed. Find all the hero balance changes made in 7.30c HERE.