Fnatic and TNC will represent SEA at The Kuala Lumpur Major
Fnatic and TNC have qualified to be on hand for The Kuala Lumpur Major heading to the region in November.
The SEA region has undergone a full revamp of rosters and teams during the post TI shuffle. It seems that none of the notable teams were spared from a significant overhaul of rosters and the shakeup has paid off for both Fnatic and TNC Predator who have come out on top.
Fnatic were the first to qualify for a spot after cruising through the group stage undefeated and dominated the upper brackets, losing only one match in the entire event.
TNC had an almost equally impressive run, also taking first in their group with a 4:1 record and then sweeping through their first opponents in the upper brackets. They were knocked down to the lower road by Fnatic but overpowered Team Lotac 2:1 in the end to gain their well-deserved spot at the main event.
The Kuala Major qualifiers have now officially determined the participants that will be able to compete in the first Major of the season. The last spot will be decided at the conclusion of DreamLeague Season 10 Minor in early November when the championship team will secure their place at Kuala Lumpur Major.
Although there will still be one more series for seeding purposes, both teams will head to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia to compete for the lion's share of $1,000,000 and 15,000 DPC points - the first of the season.
The Kuala Lumpur Major details:
- 15 teams qualify through regional qualifiers: three teams each from Europe, China, and North America and two teams each from CIS, Southeast Asia, and South America
- One team qualifies as the champion of the preceding Minor
- Open Qualifiers start September 10th in each region
- Closed Qualifiers take place from September 16 to 21st
- Group Stage
- November 9 and 10th
- November 11-18th
- The final three days will be held in front of a live audience at the Axiata Arena.