Highlights of the Hero Balance Q&A
Blizzard developers opened on reddit today and answered questions about the recent and upcoming balance updates.
Here are some of the highlights:
Upcoming Hero Changes: Tassadar, Uther, Greymane, and others
- Tassadar will receive changes soon, but after the December 13 patch.
- Greymane will receive some changes:
- Marked for the Kill will be changed to act more as an initiator.
- Greymane’s Worgen form may receive armor or resistance.
- Azmodan will receive buffs to his All Shall Burn ability, including allowing movement during the ability without any talents.
- Uther may receive changes to make him a more tanky support.
- Arthas may receive some talent changes.
- Thrall may receive talent changes, but not until the middle of next year.
- Murky is currently being considered for changes.
- Support heroes will receive general changes that will shift their power emphasis. No further details were given.
- There are no plans for significant changes to Raynor, Lunara, Nova, or Nazeebo.
- As of now, no current heroes are being updated to the multiclass category.
- Heroes such as Kharazim, Tyrande, and Tassadar are considered hybrid heroes as opposed to multiclass heroes.
- While Ragnaros is in his Molten Core form, he is still treated as a hero.
- He still can be attacked for quest talents.
- He is unstoppable, meaning he is immune to stuns and silences such as Arthas’s Sindragosa and Sylvanas’s Black Arrows trait.
- Gathering talents (e.g. Regeneration Master) may receive changes.
- Blizzard considered making Diablo’s trait togglable, but decided against it.
- The mount speed nerfs (40% to 30% movement speed) will not be reverted.
- Blizzard will generally patch new heroes two weeks after release, but will be quicker in some extreme cases (e.g. Zarya).
- Kerrigan’s abilities have received responsiveness improvements in the current PTR.
- The balance designers prefer to have three or four talent choices per tier.