Team Spirit to replace Natus Vincere at ESL One Birmingham
Image courtsey of Galaxy Battles
The dragons of Team Spirit will be replacing Na'Vi who withdrew from the event merely days ago.
After Na'Vi suffered during the DPC Season without any improvements in their results and with the International championship closing in, the Ukranian team decided to make a roster change last week and consequently withdrew from ESL One Birmingham Major.
Although Team Empire placed 2nd at the CIS Qualifiers, the Russian based organization reported they had some issues that prevented them from a last-minute trek to the UK as the substitute. With the CIS spot remaining to be filled, the organizers of ESL One Birmingham decided to give the spot to Team Spirit who placed at 3rd-4th in the CIS Qualifiers
With Team Spirit confirmed now and ready to go the Birmingham Major, teams are all set and ready to fight starting in only two days —23th May through 27th May, boasting a prize of $1,000,000 and 1500 Qualifying points.
ESL One Birmingham Format
- Group Stage
- The group stage will be played on May 23rd and 24th
- All games are played backstage
- Three GSL groups of four teams each
- Bottom two teams from each group are eliminated, Runner-ups advance to the quarterfinals
- The three first-place teams play additional Bo1 matches against each other to determine which two teams advance to the semi-finals and which team joins the three runner-ups in the quarter-finals
- The playoffs will be held between May 25th and the 27th in front of a live audience in the Arena Birmingham
- Single Elimination
- All games will be Bo3
- Bo5 Grand Finals
- A 3rd place decider match will be played on the last day of the tournament before the Grand Finals