All the respawn talents are removed with the 7.06 patch and the changes don’t stop here…
Impatiently awaited by many, the 7.06 gameplay update brings huge changes to the game mechanics, including the removal of all the 42 respawn talents.
The new 7.06 patch brings a lot of new things, but for the old players some of the changes will strike as familiar features as Valve just undid some of the reworks they’ve added through the years. But, before highlighting what we had before in Dota 2 that got removed and is now back in play, let’s start with the very beginning of the new patch: General Changes.
Creeps and deny mechanics:
The most impactful change of this patch must be the creeps deny bounty, the addition of an extra melee creep in the mid lane for the first 15 minutes and return to neutrals respawn time to one minute instead of two.
- Creep denies now grant the denying team 30% of the XP bounty
- Normal deny XP increased from 50% to 70%
- Added an extra melee creep in mid lane for the first 15 minutes
- Reduced melee creeps base XP bounty from 45 to 40
- Reduced melee creep gold bounty upgrade from 3 gold per cycle to 1 gold per cycle
- Siege creeps HP increased from 550 to 825
- Siege creeps spawn rate reduced from every 7th wave to every 10th wave
- Extra Ranged/Siege creeps now spawn at 40 minutes instead of 45
- Siege damage type vs structures increased from 150% to 250%
- Creeps meet a bit closer to the offlane tower
- Creep aggro duration reduced from 2.5 to 2.3
- Creep aggro cooldown increased from 2.5 to 3.0
- Lane creeps vision reduced from 850/800 to 750
- Neutrals now spawn every minute instead of every 2 minutes
- Neutrals now give 20% less XP and Gold
- Neutrals XP and Gold now increased by 2% every 7.5 minutes
The neutral creeps respawn timer was modified in the 7.00 when instead of having camps spawn at 0:30/1/2/3/4/ minutes, Valve nerfed the jungling mechanic by having the camps respawn at every two minutes. Nonetheless, in the average 3k-4k MMR pubs the change had almost no influence on players, many continuing to favor the jungle farming. With the camps back to one minute respawn, brace yourself for more jungling in your pubs and have mercy on those who will be MIA for the first 40 minutes, busy of course with stacking the Ancients.
On the same General Changes tab, important to note are the Roshan Cheese drop changed to its second death instead of third, the Buyback cooldown increased from 7 minutes to 8 minutes, the increased Illusion building damage reduction from 50% to 60% and the addition of both river Runes spawning at the same time after the game reaches 40 minutes. Now, the Runes have spawned at the same time for a long time in Dota 2. Before the 7.00 patch we had one Bounty rune and one random rune spawning at the same time in the river. The mechanic got changed in 7.00 when the two Bounty runes were added in the jungle and the river ones got changed to one random spawn location once at every two minutes. So, seeing the both river runes at once after the 40 minute mark, will not be news for most of the pros.
Also introduced in the 7.00 patch, the Shrines get a little bit of rework this patch. First of all the high ground siege just got little bit easier as we are now down to three Shrines in the base from five as we previously had. The other big change to the Shrines mechanics is that they now start on cooldown and become available at the five minute mark.
Heroes and talents changes:
Without a doubt, the removal of all the 42 respawn talents is the biggest change here. Each hero who previously had a minus x minutes respawn talent has got it replaced with a brand new one so make sure you read carefully through the official patch log before jumping into the game. If you, however are too busy to go through all of the heroes, here are some of the most exciting changes done:
Io’s Tether Stun is back after four years!
Removed from Io’s powers back in October 2013, with the 6.79 patch, Io’s Tether Stun makes its comeback today. The enhanced ability is available via the talent tree at level 25.
Night Stalker can literally fly!
Day walker by day, night stalker by night, the hero now has an extra ability that can be activated during the night time. Hunter in the Night grants Night Stalker two second of flying movement, which makes his ganks even scarier and even harder to catch if he is on a retreat path.
- Hunter in the Night can now be activated during the night to grant Night Stalker flying movement for 2 seconds. Cooldown 26/22/18/14. Mana cost 50. 1200 Vision.
Say goodbye to the perma Bash from Monkey King
Extremely annoying and pointed by many pro players as a very unbalanced mechanic, Monkey King’s ultimate is no longer able to copy the Basher or Abyssal stun effect. And the nerfs to the hero don’t stop here:
- Wukong's Command no longer provides 50/70/90 bonus damage
- Wukong's Command provides you with 8/14/20 bonus armor
- Wukong's Command army no longer copy Basher/Abyssal
- Wukong's Command attack rate improved from 2.0 to 1.7
- Fixed Monkey King carrying Urn of Shadows sometimes wasting charges while Wukong's Command is ongoing
- Fixed Tree Jump causing Monkey King to temporarily have bigger vision than the defined day/night values
No money for a Warlock Aghanim’s Scepter? Valve has you almost covered!
Starting today the support Warlock players are free to use their imagination on how to make the best of the hero’s level 20 talent combined with his ultimate. Warlock’s respawn talent got changed with a much more interesting one: Warlock dying will summon a Golem.
- Chaotic Offering mana cost increased from 200/300/400 to 250/350/450
- Replaced Respawn Talent: Summons a Golem on death (Level 20)
Windranger’s both level 20 and level 25 talents got reworked and now she can turn invisible while using the Windrun ability. And that’s not all, the Windrun talent also grants her +120 Powershot Damage.
- Windranger Level 20 Talents are now: Windrun grants invisibility // +120 Powershot Damage
- Windranger Level 25 Talents are now: +30% Cooldown Reduction // +150 Attack Range
You’re safe with me!
Hero of many saves, Dazzle got his Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade reworked. Increased radius armor per second is now history for Dazzle’s Aghanim's Scepter. Instead, he received a very interesting new upgrade which allows him to cast the Shallow Grave on all his allies in a 450 radius.
- Reworked Dazzle's Scepter. Causes Shallow Grave to be a 450 AoE spell.
- Replaced Respawn Talent: +25 Poison Touch DPS (Level 20)
The doctor with the steady hands
Besides getting the Respawn Talent changed to a plus two Cask Bounces, Witch Doctor receives a rather big buff to its Aghanim's Scepter upgrade. Additionally to the Death Ward attacks bounce between nearby enemies, the item now gives True Strike to Death Ward.
- Scepter now additionally provides True Strike to Death Ward
- Replaced Respawn Talent: +2 Cask Bounces (Level 15)
These are only a few hero changes, and we urge you to read through Valve’s full patch notes. The full change log can be found here and make sure you lay your eyes on the items costs and recipe changes as well. Our editor Gopya is already working on a feature article about how 7.06 will impact the meta so stay tuned for more content about the new patch!