Vanessa Rousso Profile
Vanessa Rousso is one of the most successful woman in poker today. Combining her good looks with her game theory heavy style have established Rousso as a top player in today's game. Rousso finished in second play in the World Championships of Online Poker in 2007 for $700k. She finished second to Huck Seed in 2010's National Heads-Up Championship. In May 2009, Rousso won the €25,000 EPT High Roller Championship, walking away with $749,467. Her most recent big scorew as taking 3rd at the WPT Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic for $358,964. Rousso has roughly $3 milllion in tournament earnings. Rousso was born February 5, 1983 in White Plains, New York and currently splits time between Miami and Las Vegas, Nevada.
Things you might not know:
- Rousso learned poker when she was five, but didn't start playing in tournament until a summer break from law school.
- Rousso has dual citizenship in the US and France after spending time in both countries growing up.
- Rousso was her 2001 high school class valedictorian.
- Rousso graduated with honors from Duke University in 2003 after only 2.5 years with a major in economics.
- Rousso studied game theory, chess and psychology in college before focusing on solving poker as a game.
- Rousso received a scholarship to go to the University of Miami Law School, but her burgeoning poker career distracted her from ever finishing law school.
- Rousso's first win in a professional event was in June 2005 during the No-Limit Hold'em Summer series.
- Rousso, in 2006, placed fifth in a WSOP circuit event, earning the distinction of the youngest female player of all time to make a WSOP-C event final table.
- Rousso, in September 2006 won $285,450 with a first place finish at the 173-entrant $5,000 no limit hold 'em event at the 4th Borgota Open.
- Rousso met her future husband Chad Brown at the final table of the 2006 World Poker Tour where she finished seventh for $263k.
- Rousso treated herself to a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo after one of her big wins, although a year later, she was looking to offload the car for something more practical.
- Rousso earned her Lady Maverick nickname when she sold shares of herself to enter a $25k buy-in event with a similar approach to Mel Gibson's movie Maverick.
- Rousso appeared in the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.
- Rousso is married to professional poker pro Chad Brown, eloping in 2009.
Vanessa "Lady Maverick" Rousso, at 27, already ranks in the top 5 women of all time in all-time money winnings. She is a PokerStars pro who has been featured on both magazines and poker TV shows regularly. She is a highly marketable player, as evidenced by her spokesperson role with GoDaddy.com.
Rousso videos share a couple videos and coverage of the EPT High Roller event in Monaco:
Other famous poker player profiles: