David Williams Profile
- Williams first started playing Magic: The Gathering when he was 13.
- Williams was a 4.0 GPA student who scored 1550 on his SAT.
- Williams briefly attended Princeton University before switching to Southern Methodist University where he majored in economics.
- Williams experienced considerable success in Magic: The Gathering in the late 1990's with multiple Top 8 finishes until a 2001 cheating incident at Worlds derailed his Magic career.
- Williams traveled to roughly 35 countries over the years to play Magic.
- Williams, suspended from Magic: The Gathering for a year after that incident, turned his focus to Texas Hold'em.
- Williams credits Magic with giving him the foundation to be strategic, creative and tactical that has allowed his poker career to flourish.
- Williams first leaned poker in 1997.
- Williams qualified for his 2004 WSOP Main Event seat in an online satellite.
- Williams was mentored by Marcel Luske leading up to the 2004
- Williams has also had success online playing under the screen name "RugDoctor" he defeated Alexander "joiso" Kostritsyn to capture Event #42-$2,100 8-game of the 2009 World Championship of Online Poker for $10,800.
- Williams often praises and looks up to friend Phil Ivey for his discipline, strict bankroll management and keen intellect for the game of poker.
- Williams lives at the Panorama Towers which are highly popular with poker players.
David Williams has a style and flair all his own. He is known to enjoy both the ladies and nightlife in Las Vegas while pursuing his poker career.
Williams video of a cash game hand against Dan Harrington, and a two part interview:
Other famous poker player profiles: