Team Aster take ESL One Hamburg 2018 spot for China
Photo courtesy of ESL
Team Aster overpower Newbee 3:1 to secure their spot in at ESL One Hamburg 2018 at the end of October.
Team Aster is one of the hottest teams coming out of the Chinese Post TI Shuffle right now. After cruising through the open qualifiers for ESL One Hamburg 2018, they then had a very convincing run through the playoff brackets, sweeping through Keen Gaming and then Newbee for the first spot in the grand finals. Coming face to face against Newbee the second time, Team Aster once again reigned supreme and took down the former Chinese Titans in a very convincing manner.
After a disappointing run at TI8 for most of the Chinese teams, many of the players have decided to try something new and break free of the traditional org contracts that have been dominant the last few years. Team Aster took some of the most notable players from various teams for a shot at something more this season.
Since forming the team has also qualified for The Kuala Lumpur Major.
Team Aster roster:
ESL One Hamburg 2018 Info:
ESL One Hamburg 2018 will have an expanded format featuring round robin groups and double elimination playoff brackets.
- Date: Oct 23th - Oct 28th
- Participating teams: 12 teams
- Teams will be divided into two groups
- Round robin two-game series
- Top two teams each group will advance to playoffs Upper-Bracket
- Bottom two teams each group will advance to playoffs Lower-Bracket
Main event format:
- Double elimination bracket
- All matches are 'Bo3'
- Grand-final match will be 'Bo5'