Operation Wildfire brings back de_nuke, new knife
After months of hype the latest operation is finally live, with the most anticpated map release in recent memory: the new de_nuke.
A whopping two gigabyte update to CS:GO hit today, which introduces the brand-new Operation Wildfire as well as the much-anticipated release of the reworked de_nuke, which has been out of the active duty pool for months. Wildfire introduces seven new maps to play, as well as the normal operation coin to track stats. Alongside this, Valve has released another knife type, the Bowie knife, as well as a massive list of bugfixes and community-requested changes. Check out the full change log below:
– Operation Wildfire is LIVE
— Seven community maps available in Competitive Matchmaking as well as other game modes via the Operation Wildfire map group
– The Operation Wildfire Access Pass ($5.99) is now available giving access to the following features:
— The Operation Wildfire coin, upgradeable through the completion of challenge missions
— An Operation Journal that tracks your stats in official competitive matches and includes a Friends Leaderboard
— The cooperative Gemini Campaign, featuring replayable missions with individual mission leaderboards.
— The Wildfire Campaign, featuring 30 missions in Casual, Arms Race, Demolition, and Deathmatch modes.
— Blitz Missions, global events that grant bonus XP for completing a specific action (must be Private Rank 3 or above to participate in Competitive Blitz Missions).
— Access to weapon drops from Operation collections: Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, Gods and Monsters, Chop Shop, and Rising Sun
— Exclusive access to the Operation Wildfire Case featuring 16 community-created weapon finishes and the all-new Bowie Knife.
– Nuke has returned (available in Matchmaking included in the Operation Wildfire map group).
– ARMS RACE
— The leader’s glow in Arms Race no longer shows through walls.
— M4A1-Silenced has been added to the rifle section of available Arms Race weapons.
– Fixed AWP icon to better represent the weapon’s silhouette.
– The English string “ALIVE” in the playercount hud element is now a localized token.
– Inventory filter for All Weapons now filters out display items and music kits correctly.
– Inventory sorting by Quality now better groups items within the same quality by their slot.
– Updated the Nuke loading screen icon.
– Fixed particle rain not following the “in eye” player if you were spectating someone.
– Detail sprites (like grass) have been improved so many more can be rendered for much cheaper.
-[vbsp.exe] increased MAX_MAP_ENTITIES to 20480 from 16384 to compile bigger maps.
– Maps can have multiple radar images based on player height.
– Added several features to support a new mission type: Co-op Strike (game_type 4, game_mode 1)
— Added Co-op Strike items: Heavy Armor, Tactical Awareness Grenades, and Medi-Shot.
— Added new spawn point (info_enemy_terrorist_spawn) for use in Co-op Strike missions to spawn enemies which can specify somethings like unique models, loadouts, behavior, etc.
— Added an Exploding Barrel entity for use in the Co-op Strike missions.
— func_hostage_rescue entity is now able to be disabled.
— Added a Heavy Phoenix enemy.
– Added item_coop_coin entity that displays how many (of 3) you’ve collected.
— In Co-op Strike mode, bots will no longer try to path through “blocked” nav areas.
— Bots can be set to “asleep” in Co-op Strike mode and they will stay put until they see an enemy, take damage or are the last enemy alive.
— Added a game_coopmission_manager entity to help manage and relay data to other entities/vscript for Co-op missions.
– The game_player_equip entity has been updated to allow maps to give any weapon to the activator with an argument.
– prop_door_rotating now blocks nav when closed, locked and unbreakable.
– Fixed an assert in prop_door_rotating where it tried to play a “locked” activity regardless of it had it when the player used it when locked.
– Added OnFirstPickedUp, OnDroppedNotRescued, OnRescued outputs to hostage entities.
– Added a convar (mp_c4_cannot_be_defused) that when enabled, prevents C4s from being defused.
– Resurrected the HL2 env_gunfire entity.
– Added two new convars for managing dropped weapons
— weapon_auto_cleanup_time “If set to non-zero, weapons will delete themselves after the specified time (in seconds) if no players are near.”
— weapon_max_before_cleanup “If set to non-zero, will remove the oldest dropped weapon to maintain the specified number of dropped weapons in the world.”
– Added a third option to mp_death_drop_grenade which makes all held grenades drop on death (used in Co-op Strike)
– Updated weapons in Hammer fgd to use weapon models that match the ones used when spawned in the world. Plus added some missing weapons.
– Added env_sprite_clientside entity which is just a clientside sprite (doesn’t use edicts).
— Now available in Competitive Matchmaking, and other game modes in the Operation Wildfire Map Group
— Fixed DM spawns
— Improved radar polish
— Improved visual polish
— Added physics to fence in Sun room
— Fixed numerous “pixel walks”
— Fixed one-way wallbang at mid (thanks TomCS!)
— Fixed fencing at T-spawn being non-solid (thanks JoshOnTwitch!)
— Removed wall-lamps that blocked visibility from ticketbooth to mid in bombsite A
— Removed shelf inside market near bombsite B (thanks TheWhaleMan!)
— Added a plywood board to bomb-crate in bombsite A to make throwing grenades under scaffolding more consistent
– Slight adjustments to Safehouse, Lake, and Shoots
Headline Image: Valve