No Photon Cannons, but Critters and health bars
Another StarCraft 2 Questions and Answers batch from the hard-working RTS Community Manager Karune at Battle.Net. This batch focuses on gameplay and the Protoss.
1) Are Photon and Phase Cannons two different buildings?There you have it. Five new answers for the five most frequently asked questions. Next up there will be answers about the Terran Siege Tank.
- The Phase Cannon is the new version of the StarCraft Photon Cannon. There will not be a Photon Cannon in StarCraft II.
2) Will carriers (Tempest) produce more than one drone type?
- Not at this time.
3) Fans noticed in your art video that the Colossus ground unit was under fire from missile turrets. Is this due to the Colossus's exceptionally high attack profile (tall stature) or a ground-to-ground attack feature/option for the turrets?
- Because of the Colossus's height, it will be susceptible to Anti Air defenses like the Terran Missile Turrets, as well as both ground and air attacks. It is possible for the Colossus to be hit by ground and air attacks at the same time.
4) Will there be critter units and can they attack?
- There will be critters, but they won't attack. If they did they would be creeps.
5) Will holding the Alt button show unit/building hit points overhead as they did in Warcraft 3?
- Yes, when holding the Alt button, all health bars of buildings and units on the screen will be displayed. This is an excellent way to quickly assess which units are healthy and which units are damaged.
Battle.Net - Original post
GosuGamers.net - Discuss the answers in our forum