Chris Ferguson Profile
Chris "Jesus" Ferguson is a respected top American tournament poker player. He won the 2000 WSOP Main Event and has five WSOP bracelets along with 25 final tables and 63 WSOP cashes. Ferguson won the 2008 NBC National Heads-Up Poker Championship and has over $8 million in live tournament winnings. He is a quiet player at the table who uses a heavy mathematical and game theory approach to his game. Ferguson is a member of Team Full Tilt. Ferguson was born April 11, 1963 in Los Angeles, California and currently calls Pacific Palisades, California home.
Things you might not know:
- Both Ferguson's parents have doctoral degrees in mathematics.
- Ferguson's father teaches game theory and theoretical probability at UCLA.
- Ferguson attended UCLA undergrad for 5 years and earned a PHD in computer science after 13 years.
- Ferguson has turned $1 into more than $20k over 6 months of playing online poker, having done it a second time from $0 to $10k by first starting in freerolls as a personal challenge and to show it could be done.
- Ferguson is nicknamed "Jesus" because of his trademark long brown hair and beard.
- Ferguson adopted his trademark wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses in an effort to disguise the fact that he was a college student.
- Ferguson is the only player to have won three WSOP circuit events.
- Ferguson is president of the swing dancing club at UCLA.
- Ferguson can throw playing cards fast enough to cut through bananas, carrots and even melons from a distance of 10 feet.
Chris "Jesus" Ferguson is one of the very recognizable icons of tournament poker. With the easing of his self imposed exile from WPT events and his continued good WSOP results, Ferguson should be a live tournament force for years to come.
A Heads Up Championship video and Ferguson's last hand at the 2000 WSOP ME:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates