Jennifer Harman-Traniello Profile
Jennifer Harman-Traniello is one of the top female poker players in the world. She is the only woman to hold two bracelets in the WSOP, along with 24 in the money finishes and over $2.2 million in career tournament earnings. Harman is the only woman who is a regular player in the "Big Game" in Vegas. She was part of "The Corporation", the group of high stakes players that eventually won millions from Texas Billionaire Andy Beal. Harman is a member of Team Full Tilt. Harman was born November 29, 1964 in Reno, Nevada where she was remained for her entire childhood.
Things you might not know:
- Harman began playing cards regularly at 16 using a fake ID around her Reno home town.
- Harmon's first ever hand playing in a casino was A,K of clubs, which flopped a flush, which she bet, was raised and she reraised. On the turn, the top card Q paired and she went to bet again, but the guy said don't bother and flipped over his quad Queens to minimize her loss.
- Harman graduated the University of Nevada-Reno with a degree in Biology.
- When she won her 2000 No Limit Deuce to Seven Lowball WSOP Event, she had never played that game previously and received a five-minute tutoring session from Howard Lederer before playing.
- Harman's decision to play poker professionally estranged her from her father for many years before reconciling when she married Marco Traniello.
- Harman's bankroll of over $700k was taken by her first husband in 1993 when they divorced, causing her to go broke in her normal games, borrow money and start over.
- Harman dated Todd Brunson for a while and they still share some dogs.
- In 2004, Harman took a year away from poker to have her second kidney transplant, a family issue that took her mother who died from kidney problems when she was 17.
- Harman met future husband, Italian hair stylist Marco Traniello, in a parking garage in 1999.
- He caught the poker bug and has become a respected poker pro in his own right, having had the most cashes, seven, at the 2005 WSOP.
- Harman has twin 2 yr. old boys who look and act nothing alike.
- Harman considers herself a poor cook, with her husband doing much of the cooking.
- Her best friend in the poker world is Daniel Negreanu.
Harman is generally regarded as the top woman cash game player in the world. For years she has regularly played in the $4k/$8k "Big Game" in Bobby's Room at the Bellagio against the likes of Doyle Brunson, Gus Hansen, Phil Ivey and Antonio Esfaniari.
Harman battles Negreanu on High Stakes Poker and a fun Sasquatch video:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates