Team Liquid accept an invite to ESL One Birmingham 2019
Title image courtesy of ESL
Team Liquid have confirmed their participation for ESL One Birmingham 2019 next month.
ESL One Birmingham 2019 will be the first ESL One event of the new season for the TI7 championship team. Their last appearance was in May 2018 for ESL One Birmingham 2018 where they took a disappointing 7-9th place finish. No doubt the European squad will be looking to rewrite that history, replacing it with a top 3 finish or, better yet, a championship title.
Team Liquid is trailing behind in the DPC rankings, coming in at 11th place with only 525 points - a drop in the bucket compared to 1st place team Virtus.pro's 10950 points.
ESL One Birmingham 2019
Twelve teams will be on hand in Birmingham to fight for a slice of the prize pool of $300.000 between May 28th - June 2nd, 2019. Eight teams will be directly invited and four teams will qualify from NA, SEA, China, and EU.
ESL One Birmingham 2019 Format:
- Group stage matches will be played from May 28 - May 30
- Two groups of six teams
- Round Robin bo2 format
- The top two teams in each group will be seeded into the Upper Bracket Semi-Finals
- 3rd and 4th will play in the Lower Bracket
- 5th and 6th will be eliminated
- Playoffs will feature eight teams
- The Arena Days, on May 31 - June 2
- Playoffs will be bo3 matchups
- bo5 Grand Final