Daniel Negreanu Profile
- Negreanu is Romanian. His parents left Romania in 1967, but with all his world travels, he has visited Romania only twice.
- During his teens, Negreanu spent considerable time in pool halls, hustling, sports betting and playing cards before finding his niche in poker.
- Negreanu dropped out of high school once credit short of graduation to focus on being a live grinder, focusing on non-NLHE games.
- Negreanu had one failed attempt at establishing himself in Las Vegas at the age of 21, regrouping rebuilding his bankroll back in Toronto.
- Negreanu earned his nickname "KidPoker" in 1998, when he became the youngest WSOP bracelet winner at the age of 24.
- Negreanu was very close with his mother until her passing in 2009, and she used to cook most of his food for his live tournaments.
- Negreanu was married for two years 2005-2007 to Lori Lin Weber but they divorced amicably.
- Negreanu is a huge NHL fan, rooting for the Toronto Maple Leafs and heavily following the league.
- Negreanu became a vegetarian in 2000, and a vegan since 2006.
- Negreanu hasn't had a soda in over 15 years.
- According to Negreanu, women are much harder to read at the poker table, and much better intuitive readers themselves.
- Negreanu is an avid video games player, reality and regular TV watcher and golfer.
- Negreanu admits that if he weren't a professional poker player, he would like to do something in the film industry; writing, acting or directing.
- Negreanu is currently dating The Big Game hostess Amanda Leatherman.
Daniel "KidPoker" Negreanu is known as one of the most affable and talkative players at any poker table. He uses his people skills and strong observation to make great reads on players. Traditionally known for liking to play small ball, where he plays a lot of hands post flop, Daniel has been focusing on changing up his online game to better emulate the top young pros crushing the games currently. Never shy to share his opinion, Daniel has received praise and criticism for his honesty and sharing his various poker and non-poker perspectives.
A famous High Stakes Poker hand between Gus Hansen and Daniel Negreanu
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates