Gus Hansen Profile
- Before turning to playing poker professionally in 1997, Hansen was a world class backgammon player and a youth tennis champion.
- Hansen started playing poker as an exchange student in California.
- Hansen currently resides in Monaco, influenced by superior tax rules, weather, and access to high stakes games.
- Hansen sold his online poker site pokerchamps.com for $15 million.
- Hansen launched his own website in 2009, GusHansenTV, that showed video and commentary of his online play.
- Hansen is a part owner of Full Tilt Poker.
- Hansen was voted one of People Magazine's 50 Sexiest Men in 2004.
Gus Hansen pioneered the loose, aggressive and unpredictable style when poker exploded on TV in the U.S. in 2004-2005. Unfortunately for Hansen, his loose and aggressive style has struggled to find consistent success playing online. He has lost millions playing online at Full Tilt over the years.
Always a streaky player, 2010 has been a particularly streaky year for Hansen. He began the year racing off to $2.33 million win in January only to lose over $5 million over the course of the year until September when he hit his low of losses at $3.68 million. Since then, Hansen been on an incredibly hot streak where he has won back $2.5 million very consistently and is close to going under $1 million in losses with one month to go in 2010.
One thing is sure when Gus "The Great Dane" Hansen is in your game, you will always find action.
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates