GosuGamers Heroes of the Storm is recruiting
GosuGamers is the #1 global eSports media with a monthly readership of more than three million people, specializing in Dota 2, Hearthstone and Counter-Strike, and just recently, Heroes of the storm. We have our roots back in 2002 and in thirteen years history evolved into THE premier places for eSports coverage - providing news, featured content, VODs, replays, player and team rankings, matchticker and in-depth event coverage
What being part of GosuCrew will give you?
- Experience and exposure within coverage/journalism in esports: GosuGamers is a great place to start your writing career and publish your work on a well-read platform
- Get to know all the pro players and names you admire: We keep good relations with a large part of the pro player community, giving our crew a great opportunity to meet and interview with nearly any top team they might be interested in.
- Contacts to player/team managers and eSports organizations: Build your connections with the people in the industry
- Be one step ahead of everyone else when it comes to knowing the happenings on the scene
- A chance of helping your local scene grow: Heroes of the Storm is still in its infancy but there’s already a ton of competition all over the place, much of which eludes our sight. If you’re passionate about your local scene, come and write about it!
- Work with friendly, open-minded people who also happen to share your love of Heroes of the Storm!
Additionally, we’re always happy to help our outstanding volunteers in their future career steps. We’ll happily write you a letter of recommendation if your work has really been great and many crew members have used this opportunity to move on and work for other eSports companies or non-eSports media. There are many opportunities for increased responsibility and influence for those who excell as a volunteer crew member.
Some of the GosuGamers Heroes crew at Heroes of the Dorm.
What being part of GosuCrew means/requires?
- Put down a few hours per week to help out with content/coverage: As all GG.net crew members work on voluntary basis, it’s entirely up to them when, how much and with what they want to help. You will be working with your crew leader closely to coordinate some tasks, but most of the time you will set your own tempo.
- Take initiative and assign tasks to yourself: In continuation of the previous bullet point, we love people who don’t need to be babysat and ordered around (this is not the point anyway). If you want to write an article about an event – go for it. If you want to help the player rankings or interview a pro player – it’s all yours.
- Use Skype and crew forums to communicate with the crew: our guys are online most of the time, busy not having lives and all…
What kind of people are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate Heroes of the Storm fans that want to work in eSports. No direct experience within the industry is necessary, and we will teach you everything there is to know. If you are interested, kindly send an e-mail to [email protected] with subject “GosuGamers Heroes of the Storm section application”, including in the body:
Section your applying for:
Your skype account where we can reach you:
Your end goal working within eSports:
How we can help you reach that goal:
Editors are responsible for all text-based content on the site, ranging from newsposts about tournaments, transfers, players, events and so forth to unique content, including interviews, guides, tournament previews, columns, player and team profiles, event recaps and so forth. The pen is yours and our blank pages are limitless.
Editors are expected to be able to write prominently in English, though a degree in it or having it as first language is not required. You also don’t need to have extensive background in writing and while experienced scribblers will have no problem fitting in, we also have managerial crew with years of writing behind them who can guide the novice ones.
When applying for editorial, please also kindly provide a piece you’ve written on any topic. We just want to see your command of English, no CVs or portfolios are required.
- Love Heroes of the Storm.
- The ability to think creatively and create readable, interesting content.
- The ability to take direction, criticism, and work on editorials as a team.
- A love of writing: if it feels like work your going to have a hard time.
Coverage crew are the backbone of GosuGamers. They Update our match ticker with dates/times of upcoming matches, update results and brackets, add drafts to our match pages as well as add VODs to our database (linking from YouTube, Twitch etc). Coverage crew members that excel and take a vibrant interest in competitive Heroes of the Storm and tournaments inner workings will find opportunities to admin future tournaments and who knows what else.
It helps if you love watching competitive Heroes of the Storm. Working together with the editorial team, coverage crew help curate the best and most exciting matches for our viewers, while also keeping an eye out for any tournament the section might have missed.
- Enjoy working with entering information into databases
- Watch a bunch of your favorite game and report drafts/results to our database
- Love of tournaments: active interest in how they work.