IEM 2015 with CS:GO
Intel and ESL have announced the tenth season of Intel Extreme Masters which will include Counter-Strike:Global Offensive as one of the game titles.
ESL and Intel have partnered up to announce the tenth season of one of the longest running Esports tournaments, Intel Extreme Masters. The most important change to the previous season is that Counter-Strike:Global Offensive will be among the official game titles for this season. Besides CS:GO we will be able to see StarCraft II and League of Legends.
Michal Blicharz, Managing Director of Pro Gaming at ESL had following to say:
This year’s Intel Extreme Masters stops will include:
* IEM Shenzhen, China (July 16-20) at the Shenzhen Cartoon and Animation Festival
* IEM Cologne, Germany (August 5-9) at gamescom
* IEM San Jose, USA (November 21-22) at the SAP Center
* IEM Cologne, Germany (December 2015) at the ESL Arena
* IEM Asia stop, event details to be announced at a later date
* IEM Katowice World Championship in Poland (March 2016) at Spodek
As we can see, the IEM season will be opened in China and it will span until the next year. The last two events are planned for 2016, where the details for SEA event are yet to be announced.
Headline image by Helena Kristiansson and ESL.
More content on GosuGamers: