More international matchups as Week 3 of OGN APEX gets under way
With the conclusion of APAC, we get the opportunity to see more teams make their first appearances on the OGN stage.
After barely two weeks of play, it is still far too early to make any definitive claims about group expectations (especially when not all teams have played at least one series yet). Although from what we have seen so far, BK Stars are off to a strong start in Group B, with them being the only team so far with a 2-0 record.
APAC Premier tl;dr
- The four teams who have yet to play their first series in the OGN APEX league made it to the playoff stage of APAC.
- Afreeca Freecs Blue fell out in the quarter finals while NRG did so in the semi finals, with Rogue and Lunatic Hai meeting in the Grand Finals.
- In the best of 7 series, Rogue ended up taking it 4-1 after a slow start.
Week 3 matchups:
Starting at 03:00 AM PDT/06:00 AM EDT/12:00 CEST/19:00 KST October 17:
- KongDoo Uncia vs MVP Space - Both teams lost their series against BK Stars and will be looking to bounce back strong
- CONBOX T6 vs EnVyUs - In contrast to the first series, both of these teams had strong first showings and will look to build momentum.
03:00 AM PDT/06:00 AM EDT/12:00 CEST/19:00 KST October 19:
- Afreeca Freecs Blue vs Rogue - Fresh off their victory at APAC, Rogue is in high sprits while the Freecs will be looking for revenge after Rogue eliminated them in the APAC quarter finals.
03:00 AM PDT/06:00 AM EDT/12:00 CEST/19:00 KST October 21:
- Rogue vs Rhinos Gaming Titan - The Rhinos need to bring their A game if they're to challenge the European powerhouse.
- Lunatic Hai vs EnVyUs - Set to be the series of the week as the APAC finalists go up against the team ranked #1 in the GosuGamers international rankings.
Follow us on Twitter @GosuOverwatch for more competitive Overwatch news and coverage from around the world.