GosuGamers Database team is recruiting
Are you an eSports fan who wants to maintain one of the richest tournament databases in eSports? Apply to become a GosuGamers crew member and start building your connections within the industry today.
GosuGamers is an esports portal mostly specializing in Dota 2, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Counter-Strike League of Legends and just recently Overwatch. The website has its roots from back in 2002 and in its twelve-year history has evolved into one of the premier places for eSports coverage, providing news, featured content, VODs, replays, player and team rankings, match ticker and in-depth event coverage.
What will being part of the GosuCrew give you?
- Expand your knowledge, and gain valuable industry experience in an established company at the forefront of eSports.
- A chance to help your local scene grow: eSports has been around a long time and we are always keen to bring the spotlight to new areas and rising stars. If you’re passionate about your local scene, come and tell the world about it!
- Work with friendly, open-minded people with many years experience in the sector.
Additionally, we’re always happy to help our outstanding staff to take the next steps along their personal eSports path. We’ll write you a letter of recommendation to reflect the quality of your work, and many crew members have used this opportunity to move on and work for other eSports companies or non-eSports media.
What does being part of our Database crew mean/require?
If you only have the ability to put in a few hours per week to help out with our database we can aid you in developing your eSports knowledge. For those with the time and talent to make a significant impact straight away, there is equally the chance to make a name for yourself in one of the fastest-growing media areas globally. The industry is growing rapidly and our site is the perfect place to begin your journey with it.
Using Discord to communicate, you will be working closely with our team and operations manager to coordinate tasks. You will receive mentoring and valuable training.
What we’re looking for:
1. Handling the matchticker (results, drafts, schedule etc.)
What the members part of the coverage crew do is update our matchticker with dates/times of upcoming matches, update results and brackets, and adding drafts to our match pages. Other related tasks are updating rosters and streams.
In order to do this, you will be working with our tournament platform where we register and keep track of events. Put simply, you will be using the information in our database as well as adding to it, but there is no need to know anything about databases or web programming. The tasks consist of selecting names from drop lists and entering dates/times/names. Mostly it would require you to watch and follow games played in order to find the results and drafts. You would also need to know a little bit about the competitive scene in order to be familiar with the teams and players.
2. Handling VODs
You would be adding VODS to our database (linking from YouTube, Twitch etc). In order to do this, you will be working with our tournament platform where we register and keep track of VODS
Our community also needs some managing, as even within the best groups there are always people violating the codes of conduct by bad-mouthing, spamming or advertising at our forums and our comment sections. Moderators are also around to help stimulate discussion about various topics.
- Knowledge about the competitive scene in order to be familiar with the teams, players and tournaments
- Familiarity with the League of Legend esports community
- Experience watching or participating in tournaments
Send your application to [email protected] with the position you apply for in the title of the e-mail and with the following details the body:
- Location/Time zone:
- Active work hours:
- How many hours do you expect to dedicate to GG.net weekly:
- Your Skype account and or Discord where we can reach you:
We’re looking forward to reading your application!