[Updated] Mind Control to stand in for NiP at Kuala Lumpur Major
Photo courtesy of EPICENTER
Ninjas in Pyjamas will not be able to play their first Major with a full roster; Mind Control from Team Liquid to stand in with the team.
Update: On November 5th PPD tweeted that NiP will not incur any penalty for using a stand in during the Kuala Lumpur Major.
Due to problems with visas, Neta '33' Shapira will not be able to attend and participate in the first Major of the DPC 2018-2019 season with NiP at The Kuala Major. Instead, Team Liquid will be loaning Ivan Borislavov "MinD_ContRoL" Ivanov to fill the empty position.
Playing with a substitute will mean that 40% of all points will be deducted from the Swedish based roster. MinD_ContRoL will not earn any points for himself or Team Liquid as points stay with the team this season and not the player.
NiP made their return to Dota 2 after a year away from having a team represent them in the DPC as they picked up the newly formed team Shangri La created by Peter 'PPD' Dager.
The Kuala Lumpur Major details:
- Group Stage
- 9 to 10 November 2018
- Four groups of four teams each.
- Bo3 double-elimination (GSL) bracket.
- Top two teams from each group advance to the Upper Bracket of Main Event.
- Bottom two teams from each group advance to the Lower Bracket of Main Event.
- The playoffs will be held from November 11 to 18.
- Only the final three days will be in front of a live crowd.
- Double-elimination bracket.
- All games except Grand Finals and Lower Bracket Round 1 are Bo3.
- Lower Bracket Round 1 are Bo1
- Grand Finals is Bo5