Wild Rift patch 2.2a brings tons of champion changes and the addition of Rammus later this month
Wild Rift’s latest patch, 2.2A is out now with a new event, dozens of champion changes and a new champion coming later in April.
RAMMUS, the Armordillo rolls out into the Wild Rift
Idolized by many, dismissed by some, mystifying to all, the curious being Rammus is an enigma. Protected by a spiked shell, he inspires increasingly disparate theories on his origin wherever he goes—from demigod to sacred oracle, to a mere beast transformed by magic. Whatever the truth may be, Rammus keeps his own counsel and stops for no one as he roams the Shuriman desert.
Rammus will be released on April 22 at 0:01 UTC.
Stargazer Event and Skins
Alongside the latest Wild Rift patch is the addition of a new event – Stargazer, and the “first-to-Wild Rift” skin set. The in-game event introduces players to the world of the Stargazers: Camille, Twisted Fate and Soraka with missions to unlock Blue Motes and accessories all the way through the month of April, starting from the 15th. The new skins are:
- Stargazer Camille
- Stargazer Soraka
- Stargazer Twisted Fate
- Molten Rammus
- Sweeper Rammus
All the above skins will be released throughout the patch, with more coming in later patches.
[In testing] 120FPS Support
We’re slowly rolling out 120fps mode support to high-end devices. The 120fps setting is still in testing—if you experience performance issues, please switch back to a fully supported frame rate.
- Added the 120fps option to the following high-end devices: OnePlus 9 & OnePlus 9 Pro; Google Pixel 5; ASUS ROG Phone 2; Razer Phone 2.
For a tanky supportive champ, Alistar’s dealing too much damage, particularly to turrets. Using (2) Headbutt to attack turrets (did you know you could do that?) should be a bit more of a conscious choice.
- Damage: 55/130/205/280 → 50/120/190/260
- Turret damage ratio: 150% → 75%
Blitzcrank has been slightly underperforming for a while now, so we’re reverting some of the nerfs he received last year. These changes, combined with the recent tank item update, should give him a healthier space in the support roster.
(1) Rocket Grab
- Damage: 60/120/180/240 → 80/140/200/260
- Self-slow duration: 1.5s → 1s
Corki’s mail route stops by the Rift a bit too often. We’re giving him a bit of a break between deliveries with the goal to give him and his opponents a bit of breathing room.
(P) Hextech Munitions
- The Package arrival rate: 100s → 150s
Diana’s weak across the board, so we’re shifting some of the rank-up power from (3) Lunar Rush into (2) Pale Cascade alongside some general buffs. These changes will help her survive the laning phase and push her advantage when she gets ahead.
- Base Health: 570 HP → 610 HP
(P) Moonsilver Blade
- [NEW] After casting a spell, Diana gains 30% to 120% Attack Speed (based on level) for the next 3 attacks.
(1) Crescent Strike
- Cooldown: 10/9/8/7s → 9/8/7/6s
(2) Pale Cascade
- Cooldown: 14s → 13/11.5/10/8.5s
(3) Lunar Rush
- [REMOVED] Bonus Attack Speed moved to (P) Moonsilver Blade
- Minimum base damage: 150/200/250 + 35% AP → 175/225/275 + 40% AP
- Maximum base damage: 300/400/500 + 70% AP → 350/450/550 + 80% AP
Mundo buy Sunfire Aegis. Mundo burn down entire jungle and enemy team. Mundo need time out.
- Attack Damage: 64 → 58
- Health: 690 HP → 650 HP
- Armor: 45 → 40
- Duration: 5s at all ranks → 3/3.5/4/4.5s
Much like his iconic ultimate, Galio arrived with a bang and disrupted the meta significantly. We’re toning back his damage across the board, and shortening his (3) Justice Punch range based on feedback that it felt a little long.
- Health: 610 HP → 570 HP
(P) Colossal Smash
- Cooldown: 5/4/3s at level 1/5/9 → 5/4.5/4s at level 1/5/9
- Base damage: 15 to 225 (based on level) → 15 to 190 (based on level)
(1) Winds of War
- Percent HP damage per AP ratio: 2% → 1.5%
(2) Shield of Durand
- Cooldown: 15/14/13/12s → 18/17/16/15s
- AP ratio: 60% → 45%
(3) Justice Punch
- Dash range: 6.5 → 5.75
Leona’s not quite shining as a crowd controlling support tank yet, so we’re lowering the cooldowns of her core lockdown combo.
(1) Shield of Daybreak
- Cooldown: 6s → 5s at all ranks
(3) Zenith Blade
- Cooldown: 13/12/11/10s → 12/10/8/6s
We’re happy with Pantheon’s mini-rework from Patch 2.2, but he could still use a few more tools in his arsenal. These adjustments should help him maintain his ability to carry an early game lead into a W.
- Attack Damage: 58 → 64
- Attack Damage per level: 2.65 per level → 3.6 per level
(1) Comet Spear
- Tap base damage: 55/100/145/190 → 70/110/150/190
- Charge base damage: 55/100/145/190 → 70/110/150/190
- Bonus AD ratio: 100% → 110%
- Critical strike bonus AD ratio: 150% → 165%
Shyvana’s got it all: tankiness, high damage, she’s a freakin’ dragon. In the absence of Davion, we’re cutting down her damage and health.
- Health: 650 HP → 610 HP
(1) Twin Bite
- Cooldown: 8/7/6/5s → 9/8/7/6s
(3) Flame Breath
- Maximum on-hit HP damage ratio: 3.5% → 3%
We’re cautiously buffing Tristana as she’s still not matching up to the rest of the marksman roster.
- Attack Damage per level: 2.65 per level → 3.6 per level
(3) Explosive Charge
- Cooldown: 16s at all ranks → 16/15/14/13s
Vi has been a popular and reliable pick in high-level games, but on the strong side in regular play. These changes allow her to keep her reliable gank patterns, but at a slightly higher risk.
- Armor: 35 → 30
(Ult) Assault and Battery
- Cooldown: 85/65/45s → 95/75/55s
Infinity Orb is providing too much value for its gold cost. We’re bumping its price up a smidgen to delay its purchase in snowbally games.
- Total Cost: 2850g → 3150g
While not being drastically overpowered (...except on Mundo lol), Sunfire Aegis is performing a bit too well. Taking it down a notch to add some more first-item choice for tanks.
- Base Damage: 16 to 30 → 16 to 25
- Bonus Damage HP Ratio: 1% → 0.8%
A glorious bugfix.
- [BUGFIX] Fixed a bug where item cost displayed as 800g
- Cost: 500g (unchanged)
Game System Changes
In competitive play, we’re seeing a lot of early grouping, making the laning phase almost nonexistent in high-level matches. This is part of our effort to incrementally release systemic changes that maintain the laning phase for competitive games.
- During the first 4 minutes (previously 3 minutes), Solo (Baron) Lane and Mid Lane outer turrets gain 90 bonus Armor and Magic Resist.
- During the first 4 minutes (previously 3 minutes), all outer turrets gain additional defensive bonuses when multiple enemies are nearby:
- 2 champions in total: 10 Armor and Magic Resist
- 3 champions in total: 100 → 250 Armor and Magic Resist
- 4 champions in total: 200 → 300 Armor and Magic Resist
- 5 champions in total: 300 → 350 Armor and Magic Resist
FREE-TO-PLAY CHAMPION ROTATION
- Apr 15 - Apr 21: Braum, Evelynn, Fizz, Galio, Graves, Jax, Kai’Sa, Lulu, Singed, Varus
- Apr 22 - Apr 28: Alistar, Aurelion Sol, Corki, Dr. Mundo, Fiora, Shyvana, Soraka, Xayah, Xin Zhao, Ziggs