Overwatch Patch Notes 0.8.0
Even though it is only in closed beta, Overwatch has already gone through several patches. You can follow along with the action on the Oversheet here. The 0.8.0 patch is the beta release patch implimented on October 27th, so these changes were made before the closed beta began.
Patch 0.8 Beta Release 0.8.0.0.24919
Of note, Bastion's tank mode was buffed, rockets used to headshot, and Hero XP and leveling was removed. The complete patch notes can be found both here, and this accompanying reddit post. It will be interesting to follow future patches, in particular to see if Blizzard resurects the leveling system.
Update: A small patch occured on November 3rd which contained the following bug-fixes:
- Updated several in-game locations and objects to prevent players from being able to reach, stand, and/or get stuck on them
- Updated several in-game objects so that Reaper can no longer Teleport through or into them unexpectedly
- The "invalid hardware or driver detected" window can now be bypassed
- Fixed an issue that caused the Muted Microphone UI element to disappear whenever the Channels menu was open
- Fixed several reliability issues with Voice Chat
- Fixed several client- and server-side crashes
This means you will no longer be able to teleport into cars as Reaper. The time to Jeep has passed.
Follow us @GosuOverwatch for more eSports news.