Geek Fam claim ONE Esports Dota 2 SEA League title
Photo courtesy of ESPN
Geek Fam overpowered Fnatic 3:1 in the grand finals to become ONE Esports Dota 2 SEA League champions.
Now, they overpowered one of the region's top teams - Fnatic in very impressive display of dominance.
Once again, Geek Fam didn't start out the event with a forceful show or strong beginning. They held their own but had a few bumps along the way. After taking third in the group stage, they were dropped to the lower brackets in the first round of the playoffs after suffering a 2:0 loss against TNC.
In the bottom brackets, they outplayed T1, exacted their revenge on TNC with their own 2:0 sweep over them in order to gain access to the grand finals.
Raven carried his team on more than one occasion to victory in the grand finals with some heavily farmed heroes that Fnatic was unable to overcome.
ONE Esports Dota 2 SEA League Format
- Seven invited teams
- Three teams from two qualifiers
- Group Stage - June 18th - July 12th, 2020
- Single round-robin
- All matches are Bo2
- Top four teams advance to the Upper Bracket
- 5th to 8th place teams advance to the Lower Bracket
- Bottom two teams are eliminated
- Click here for tiebreaker rules
- Playoffs - July 15th - July 19th, 2020
- Double-elimination bracket
- Grand Final is played in a Bo5, all other matches are played in a Bo3
ONE Esports Dota 2 SEA League Prize Pool
The total prize pool of $100,000 was distributed as indicated below: