Team Aster and Gambit knocked out of Kuala Lumpur Major
Photo courtesy of ESL
Two more teams were knocked out of contention at the Kuala Lumpur Major. Team Aster and Gambit made an early exit after their first round in the playoffs.
Early exits and goodbyes are always hard, especially when it is in a DPC event during the unforgiving best-of-one elimination series. Team Aster and J.Storm went head to head, fighting hard to keep their tournament title dreams alive. After back and forth swings for approximately 40 minutes with each team taking turns with a slight advantage, J.Storm prevailed in the end with a well-played Timbersaw by David "Moo" Hull leading the charge. After almost one hour of play the North American team dealt the final blow to the Chinese opponents and will now prepare to face Fnatic tomorrow.
Gambit Gaming took a slight early lead in the laning phase and early game but with Forward Gaming's Roman "Resolut1on" Fominok getting his hands on one of his favorite heroes, Void, the North American team were able to turn the tables and claim the victory in just 47 minutes. Forward will move on to face Evil Geniuses next to round out tomorrow's schedule.
Round 4 - Best of 3
Round 5 - Best of 3
Round 6 - Best of 3
Best of 5
The Kuala Lumpur Major details:
- Group Stage
- 9 to 10 November 2018
- Four groups of four teams each.
- Bo3 double-elimination (GSL) bracket.
- Top two teams from each group advance to the Upper Bracket of Main Event.
- Bottom two teams from each group advance to the Lower Bracket of Main Event.
- The playoffs will be held from November 11 to 18.
- Only the final three days will be in front of a live crowd.
- Double-elimination bracket.
- All games except Grand Finals and Lower Bracket Round 1 are Bo3.
- Lower Bracket Round 1 are Bo1
- Grand Finals is Bo5