Sammy Farha Profile
- Farha grew up in a household that considered it not honorable to make money out of gambling.
- Farha showed skill at a young age for games of skill and chance. He excelled at pinball and pool in Lebanon.
- Farha even showed real talent at Pac-Man, once earning $5,000 in a bet on a single game contest.
- Farha moved to the United States as a teen after the Lebanese Civil War broke out.
- Farha eventually settled in Wichita, Kansas and attended Friends University and the University of Kansas in the late 1970's, eventually graduating with a degree in business administration.
- Farha moved to Houston, Texas to work with his brother, playing his first hand of poker that year.
- Farha quit his job in 1990 to play poker full time.
- Farha won his first Omaha bracelet in his first major WSOP tournament in 1996 defeating Eric Seidel heads up.
- Farha was talked into remaining in the 2003 WSOP Main Event by Barry Greenstein after he lose a major pot to be at 10% of average stack.
- Farha's unlit cigarette is his trademark look and considered good luck. In fact, he doesn't smoke, he's just superstitious. One time he was getting stuck pretty badly and his friend suggested they go outside for a smoke break. Farha said he would prefer to stay and play, but his friend put an unlit cigarette in his mouth and aid "keep it there then until your luck changes" and Sammy did.
- Farha played in seasons 1-4 of High Stakes Poker.
- Farha also made a cameo appearance in the 2007 film, Lucky You.
- Farha is the author of Farha on Omaha.
- Farha is a spokesman for Harrah's Casino.
Sammy Farha represents old time Vegas like no other player. Farha has always enjoyed living large, Vegas style, with lots of gambling, bluffing and always dressed with gold chains, designer suits and his trademark unlit cigarette.
Farha's videos includes his million dollar pot against Patrik Antonius, WSOP interview, big WSOP cooler hand, and Farha talking his best on High Stakes Poker:
Other famous poker player profiles: