Dota 2's new patch; 7.28
Valve has released Dota 2's Mistwoods Update; Patch 7.28.
With 2020 being the longest year on record -- a whopping 72,342 days so far, patch 7.27 released in June has been in place for a lifetime.
Last night, players all over the world rejoiced and sang songs of thanks for their holiday gift received from Valve (except of course Nigma and Alliance who were in the middle of their series in OGA Dota PIT Season 4: Europe & CIS, and Team Brasil and Jaguares eSports who were also caught up in a series in BTS Pro Series 4: Americas. All four teams played their second game of the series on the new patch).
Never-the-less, unwrapping everything bundled up in this gift and testing out the new toys will take some time and pro players will be chiming in with their thoughts and testing streams.
We've compiled a TL;DR list for your convenience. Meanwhile, for some extra reading, the entire set of patch notes can be found here.
Hero and Scepter rework
With 119 heroes, this list is quite extensive.
- 12 new items, including variations on Blink Dagger
- changes to existing items
NEUTRAL UNITS BALANCE
- Neutral ancients magic resistance reduced from 70% to 50%
- Ancient Thunderhide's Frenzy ability no longer interrupts movement when cast by a neutral
- Ancient Thunderhide's Slam ability no longer interrupts movement when cast by a neutral
- Ancient Thunderhide's Slam damage increased from 70 to 250
- Ancient Thunderhide's Slam slow increased from 25% to 60%
- Ancient Thunderhide's Slam radius increased from 250 to 350
- Ancient Thunderhide's Accuracy Aura ability has now been moved to Ancient Rumblehide
- Fixed Thunderhide Accuracy Aura not working properly
- Ancient Granite Golem model size increased
- Black Dragon Fireball cooldown increased from 10 to 15
- Alpha Wolf unit level increased from 4 to 5
- Ghost Base attack time increased from 1 to 1.2
Pubs will be chaotic, competitive play will be exciting and just in time for holiday vacations, there will time to try it all out. DPC begins January 18th so pro teams will be busy over the next few weeks! So dive in and enjoy.