Double trouble; Both paiN gaming squads take spots for The Kuala Lumpur Major
paiN Gaming and paiN X have both qualified for The Kuala Lumpur Major to represent South America in the first major of the new season.
The Brazilian organization had made the decision to not only keep their former squad under their banner, contrary to what was first presented in the post TI shuffle, but also pick up a second team to represent them in the new season. While most organizations were dissolving their second squads due to the new rules from Valve regarding multiple team ownership representation for TI9, paiN Gaming decided it was still in their interest to have two teams competing for the bulk of the season.
In a twist of fate, both of their teams have qualified for the two SA spots for The Kuala Lumpur Major. In both the upper bracket finals and grand finals, the original paiN Gaming squad swept through their sister team 2:0.
Round 3 - Best of 3
Round 4 - Best of 3
Best of 3
The Kuala Lumpur Major details:
- 15 teams qualify through regional qualifiers: three teams each from Europe, China, and North America and two teams each from CIS, Southeast Asia, and South America
- One team qualifies as the champion of the preceding Minor
- Open Qualifiers start September 10th in each region
- Closed Qualifiers take place from September 16 to 21st
- Group Stage
- November 9 and 10th
- November 11-18th
- The final three days will be held in front of a live audience at the Axiata Arena.