Table of contents
Betting on competitive matches has always been one of GosuGamers' most treasured features, allowing fans worldwide to test their eSports knowledge and luck. Watching any live tournament and cheering for your favorite players and teams is a unique and personal experience. Here at GosuGamers it is our goal to passionately follow and cover the eSports scene, providing you with up-to-date stories, information and statistics, as well as fun and engaging opportunities to predict the outcomes.
In June 2014, we took those options one step further with ItemBets, allowing our visitors to not only place bets with a purely-for-fun currency known as "tangoes" but also with actual rare in-game Dota 2 items and keys. ItemBet was welcomed and enjoyed by fans and crew until early 2015, when the feature was discontinued. The experience and feedback gained from it allow us to bring you something new, easier to use and that we hope will provide you more exciting betting experience.
ValueBet is a new feature on GosuGamers that allows you to place bets on matches using items from your Steam inventory for their estimated value. ValueBet can be placed on any upcoming match marked with the corresponding symbol, displayed as a red dice in the match listings. The ValueBet option can be found right next to GosuBet in a match page.
ValueBet is currently in a limited public beta phase.
To join the beta access, just place a bet on a ValueBet enabled match. If there are free slots, your bet will be registered and your GosuGamers account will automatically gain ValueBet access.
If the maximum number of beta users have already been reached, you will not be able to deposit items and place a bet. Try again in a few days and look for updates as we open ValueBet to even more of GosuGamers' visitor.
The first step you need to do is connect your GosuGamers account with your Steam account. This will make you eligible to deposit and bet items on the site. This is done in a few easy steps.
- Go to your GosuGamers profile and click the My Valuebets tab.
- You will be prompted to carefully read through the rules and select a new password for extra security, if your current password doesn't suite the requirements.
- Do note that your new password must be a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters (at least one of each kind).
- Take your time to really read through the item betting rules carefully. They will explain how many items you can bet at any time, when are bets for matches locked, when are bets cancelled and so on.
- Once you've accepted the rules and changed your password, an option to link your GosuGamers account to Steam will appear in the My Valuebets tab. [Example image]
- Once this is done, you can proceed to import your inventory. At your profile click the option(tab) called Items. You then select Import to import the Steam inventory to GosuGamers. Note that this does not actually transfer any items. They are still safe at your Steam account, the import option only gets the data so they can be displayed in your profile and letting you browse and list your items on GosuGamers, which is required for value betting. Note that you only need to import your inventory once. [Example image] If your Steam Inventory is not public you need to change that in the privacy settings of your Steam Account in order for the import to be successful. [Example image]
Once you've connected your GosuGamers and Steam accounts as well as imported your Steam inventory, you are now ready to deposit items to your GosuStash (found in the Items tab of the profile).
After you have items in your GosuStash you can start placing bets on matches by selecting which items to bet on them.
- Head over to Items at your profile once again, and then select the tab called GosuStash. At this page you can Deposit and Withdraw items. [Example image]
- Press Deposit Items at the GosuStash to deposit items. Make sure you set your Trade Offer url in the field called Steam Trade URL. You only need to set it the first time, provided that you do not change the url. You can find your Trade Offer url at your Steam profile. Then select if you want to deposit Dota 2 or CS:GO items. Then select the item(s) you want to deposit from on your Steam inventory to your GosuStash. You can use the filters or write the specific name of the item to help you find the item(s) you are looking for. Highlight an item and press Add to add it to the deposit request. Press I'm done selecting when you are finished. [Example image]
- The GosuGamers Steam bots will send you a trade request (Steam Offer). To accept it, head over to your Steam profile. There you will see it as a pending incoming offer. Respond to it and accept it to add the items to your GosuStash. Based on your Steam settings, you may need to confirm it one more time through an email sent to you. [Example image]
- When you have items in your GosuStash that you wish to bet, head over to a match page eligible for Valubets. You can identify them by the red dice located at the match in the ticker. When you are at the match, scroll down to the betting panel and make sure you have ValuBet selected. Pick your team use the button Select Items. [Example image]
- This will prompt a pop-up with your GosuStash. Select the item(s) you will be placing on the match, you see the value of your bet based on the item(s) placed and their estimated value. Accept to finish the bet. [Example image]
- Your bet is placed. Now hope that the right team wins!
You've connected your GG.net and Steam accounts, you have deposited items and placed bets. Provided you were fortunate enough to win, now it is time to cash out.
- Head over to Items once again, and select Stash. Instead of the previously picked Deposit Items, you now want to select Withdraw Items.
- Select the items you wish to withdraw and press withdraw.
- Similar to depositing, withdrawing items will also send you a trade offer based on the request you just made. Once again, open your Steam profile and respond to the Trade Offer, similar to Step 3.3.
- Once you have accepted the Trade Offer, the item(s) appears in your Steam inventory.