GosuGamers card contest: March winners and April theme
Who designed the best Weapon-related card? Read down and you shall find. We also bring you the new theme for April: Hero power interactions!
The "GosuGamers card design contest" is the easiest, funnies and most creative way to get Hearthstone loot! Each month, we issue a challenge for our readers and wait for awesome cards to arrive. At the end of the month, the most awesomest of awesome cards earn cool stuff for their creators!
Here's a breakdown of how each month of card design will go:
- First day: New theme is announced and submission inboxes open
- 1st-15th: Submissions inbound! Send us your stuff so we can judge it.
- 20th: The GosuCrew reveals their top 20 cards. These go up for community voting.
- 20-29th: Community voting!
- Final day: Winners are announced. They can now brag to their friends how amazing they are and throw a Hearthstone pillow in their face
Last month, we challenged you to design a card that interacts with weapons or is a weapon itself. Once again, you were creative as hell so thank you for making us look through hundreds of fantastic designs. We hope Blizzard are looking as well!
After we determined the top 24 submissions, you were given one week to vote on the design you liked most and now the results are in. Meet the winners of the March contest (f.l.t.r. first, second and third place):
Wrathion designed by Joren Kortekaas won the first place and will be bringing a Hearthstone pillow to his designer. Second is the sleepy Kinndy Sparkshine, Jaina's apprentice before the destruction of Theramore. Her creator is Taylor Bell and Mr. Bell will be getting a Hearthstone mug so he can sip hot coffee while he wrecks nerds on ladder! The third and final winners is Hemet's Elekk Gun by Atanas Tsankov. [card]Hement Nesingway[/card] might not be seeing lots of love, his sniper rifle just won a Hearthstone keychain for his creator (and we mean Atanas here, not Hemet).
All three winners will be contacted regarding their shipping details and prizes will be abound within 30 days of receiving these details.
April theme: Hero power interactions
The theme of this month's contest is "Hero power interactions".
Inspired by the soon to be released [card]Majordomo Executus[/card], we want you to design cards that in some way alter your hero's hero power. These cards can come in several variations:
1) Cards that empower your hero power (e.g. a card that gives Mages +1 damage to their Fireblast) or enable multiple triggers
2) Cards that change the behavior of the hero powers (think [card]Steamwheedle Sniper[/card])
3) Cards that completely replace the hero power with another (think [card]Shadowform[/card] or [card]Lord Jaraxxus[/card], etc.
1. We'll only accept one submission per person, multiple submissions by the same person won't be accepted
2. Unless the theme doesn't state otherwise, don't create new classes or hero powers. This includes cards for new classes as well
3. Don't create new keywords, if you want to create a new mechanic you have to word it out
4. Don't submit other people's designs as your own
5. Don't submit your designs of earlier months, even if they fit the current theme. Keep it fresh!
6. If your card spawns any kind of token, weapon or card in hand, don't forget to include that in the submission.
7. Designed cards can be either neutral or of any of the 9 classes so yes, you can create neutral minions that change hero powers if you so desire.
Submission instructions and prizes
- The official Battle.net website for World of WarCraft has plenty of artworks from the TCG, in case you're struggling to find a cool image for your card
2) Send your card designs to radoslav [at] gosugamers [dot] net before March 15th
- Subject must be Card Design Contest Submission
- Cards must be sent as attachments!
- Name of the attachment must be in the format of Card-Name-Here_YourName. Example: Undertaker-Sucks_RadoslavKolev
- We also ask you to use your real name for the attachment file, to prevent multiple submissions by the same person.
- If you don't want your real name published, please notify us via the above email adress when you submit your card design. If you already submitted your card and don't want your real name published, just send us a follow up email. Also don't forget to tell us an alternative name or internet handle we can put on your card!
3) Follow us on Twitter. It's not obligatory but we appreciate it. You can thus read when Nydra says something stupid and we make fun of him publically.
4) The GosuCrew will vote independantly for their favorite designs. The best 20 will be put up for community vote on April 20th.
5) April 30th: The top three winners will be determined by community vote and will earn the following prizes:
- 1st place: Hearthstone throw pillow
- 2nd place: Hearthstone swirl mug
- 3rd place: Hearthstone light-up keychain
Yeah, agreed! It's all super cool. So get to the designing board, guys. We're more than ready to face the avalanche of submissions!
More on GosuGamers Hearthstone: