WePlay! Valentine Madness
WePlay! has just announced their newest tournament, this time with a twist.
The Valentine Madness will feature 12 teams, a total of $100,000 prize pool and a new format dubbed as “3 Game Guarantee System” -- giving an extra chance to teams that lose in the first round of the lower bracket.
"How it works: say a team lost in the first round of the upper bracket, then also lost in the first round of the lower bracket. That team fights against another team with similar results, and the winner is seeded to the next round of the lower bracket — that way each participant is guaranteed to play at least three series."
The tournament will be held from February 9-16th. Gambit Esports, the champions of WePlay Winter Madness are already confirmed to be one of those 4 squads to start from the quarterfinals.
WePlay! Valentine Madness Format:
- Twelve teams play in the 3 Games Guarantee bracket
- Eight teams invited to the Round of 12
- Four teams are invited to the Quarterfinals
- The first and the second round of the lower bracket are bo1 series
- All the rest of the matches except the Grand Finals are bo3 series
- The Grand Finals is a bo5 series
WePlay! Valentine Madness prize pool distribution:
1st place: $50,000
2nd place: $20,000
3rd place: $10,000
4th place: $8,000
5th-6th place: $6,000