CS:GO Update: Sounds updated
Valve has released a new update where they have made a big overhaul of CS:GO's sounds.
Valve has released a CS:GO update which contains a whole overhaul to in-game sounds. The sounds now vary which depending on the surface a player is running on. For example, jumping and moving on the snow or water will create different sounds to let's say concrete. You can see the full changelog below:
Check out the extensive list of changes below:
- Increased fidelity and weight of jump land sound.
- Landing sounds now play an additional sound depending on the surface.
- 3rd person footsteps are now slightly louder in relation to weapon sounds for increased positional clarity. (Further volume compression may be possible by enabling “sound normalization,” “volume equalization,” or a similar setting in your audio playback device properties)
- New surface footstep sounds to reduce repetition and phasing as well as increasing listenability and positional clarity.
- Solid Metal
- Metal Grate
- Metal Chainlink
- Fixed a bug where give_ammo sound was playing for every shotgun shell insertion animation.
- Minor volume mix adjustments
- (Note: For players using virtual surround sound, please be sure to set the audio settings in CSGO to 5.1 speakers.)
- Awp now always un-zooms during reload animation
- Misc player animation CPU performance optimizations
- Overview icons can now be scaled with the convar mapoverview_icon_scale
- Game now requires Steam Client to be updated as of Oct 14 2015 or later.
- Added native support for the Steam Controller.
- Added concommand sv_setsteamaccount to specify Game Server Login Token. To create a GSLT go to http://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers