Possible Balance Changes Coming Soon
Today David Kim announced they will be considering possible balance changes to promote more diverse strategies, the original post can be found here. These changes will include combining Mech ground and air attack upgrades. This patch will also nerf Widow Mine's splash radius from 1.75 to 1.1, and decreasing the siege tank attack period from 3.0 to 2.7. This change is an attempt to see more diversity siege tanks with bio instead of nearly always seeing widow mines. There are also multiple changes to Protoss as well, these changes include a movement speed increase for dark templars from 2.813 to 3.375, and a decrease to the cost of oracles from 150/150 to 150/100. The full list of changes are as follows.
- Mech ground and air attack upgrades combines
- Widowmine splash radius decreased from 1.75 to 1.1
- Siege tank attack period decreased from 3 to 2.7
- Oracle cost decreased from 150/150 to 150/100
- Dark Templar movement speed increased from 2.813 to 3.375
- Roach speed upgrade also increases the burrowed roach movement speed from 1.41 to 2.25