HotS beta patch delivers promised nerfs
The warhound, the swarm host and the viper are getting hit with the bat in the first HotS balance patch.
The changes are naturally directed at the two most problematic and powerful units according to players' feedback: the warhound and the swarm host. Terran's new mech unit in particular proved to be extremely powerful in all match-ups and as a result has its attack delay increased. The swarm host, on the other hand, is getting flat damage reduction to its locusts, which is to make protoss' job when defending sieges easier.
In addition, the viper also receives changes to its abilities and so does the oracle.
Warhound Weapon attack delay has increased from 1.3 to 1.7.
Swarm host locust attack damage has decreased from 16 to 14.
Viper Consume can no longer be used on creep tumors.
Oracle Preordain duration has decreased from 2 min to 1 min.
Viper Blinding Cloud now hits everything, but the radius of effect has reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
Widow mines will no longer damage each other with their splash damage.
The bug affecting the Overlord speed upgrade has been fixed. Upgraded Overlords will now travel at the expected speed of 1.88.
- Revelation has changed from E to R.
- Entomb has changed from R to E.
- Energize has changed from N to E.
- Purify has changed from E to F.
- Spawn locust has changed from W to C.
- Research Gravity Sling has changed from T to G.
- Research Bosonic Core has changed from G to A.
- Evolve Muscular Augments has changed from C to A.