Team Dignitas Reverse Race Tournament
The prolific Britain based team announced a sixteen player tournament to provide a different angle to the usual gameplay. So far Cloud, Kas, BlinG, sLivko will explore the possibilities of each race but their own.
Team Dignitas hands out 200£ to the player to show most proficiency with his offraces. On June 28th, starting at 15:00 CET sixteen players will see what it’s like to play a tournament without their preferred races. Four of them have already been announced and include Cloud, Kas, BlinG and sLivko. Remarkable is also the map choice; next to standard maps like Ohana and Entombed Valley we are going to see maps that are not that regularly used in tournaments such as Korhal Compound, Vicious and Khaydaria.
As for the rules regarding race selection:
- Example: (Terran) Grubby vs Kas (Protoss)
Mirror matches: The non-mirror matchups of the other two races will be played first. For a possible third map, the regular races will be played. The upper player in the bracket chooses his race for the first map BEFORE the map veto.
- Example: DarK.FoRcE vs Slivko – DarK.FoRcE chooses Protoss for the first map before the map veto
- - Map 1: (Protoss) DarK.FoRcE vs Slivko (Terran)
- - Map 2: (Terran) DarK.FoRcE vs Slivko (Protoss)
- - Map 3: (Zerg) DarK.FoRcE vs Slivko (Zerg)
Mirror match in Final: Again, non-mirror matchups of the other two races first. For maps 3 and 4, the mirror matchups of those races will be played. For a possible fifth map, the regular races will be played. The upper player chooses his race for the first map (which will also be the mirror race for map 3).
- Example: ClouD vs SjoW – ClouD chooses Zerg for the first and third map
- - Map 1: (Zerg) ClouD vs SjoW (Protoss)
- - Map 2: (Protoss) ClouD vs SjoW (Zerg)
- - Map 3: (Zerg) ClouD vs SjoW (Zerg)
- - Map 4: (Protoss) ClouD vs SjoW (Protoss)
- - Map 5: (Terran) ClouD vs SjoW (Terran)
Stream links will be disclosed prior to the event.
Link: Team Dignitas