Germans Dominate EPT London Events
- German Phillip Gruissem won the £20,000 buy-in High Roller event.
- Gruissem negotiated a chip chop of the prizepool at the final table, that was renegotiated a couple times as players were eliminated leaving his true win uncertain.
- German Pratick Ghatge won the £2,000 No Limit Hold'em event for $71,000.
- Swiss Jonathan Roux won the 5 Card PLO 8 or Better
- Germany's Berndt Gleissner won the £ 5,000 Heads-Up Championship.
- A German is leading the as yet unfinished £10k turbo event.
Germany has the largest economy in Europe and is poised to legalize and regulate online gambling in the coming months. That might be a scary proposition for other players throughout Europe if poker explodes in Germany if the EPT London results are any indication.
Will they be able to replicate their success in Cannes, France at the World Series of Poker Europe tournament series?