Stephen 'PoorUser' Costello Profile
Posted by Bill "zimba" Seibert 2 years, 29 weeks ago
Stephen "PoorUser" Costello is a former StarCraft player who followed in the footsteps of many more notable pros to play poker. He started at the very bottom and worked his way up making over $360,000 over the last three years in online cash games. He is an instructor at CardRunners poker training site. Costello was born in 1987 and was born in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts. He now lives in Fairfield, Connecticut.
Things you might not know:
- Costello was an avid StarCraft player in high school.
- Costello went to Fairfield University in Connecticut and working on a Psychology degree.
- Costello played in the occasional college poker game with his buddies.
- Costello learned of poker's potential from online players at TeamLiquid/LiquidPoker like Dan 'rekrul' Schreiber, Victor "Nazgul" Goossens and Dudey. One friend gave him $10 and off he went.
- Costello's username "poor user" referred to his humble beginnings and Starcraft to playing poor eco style.
- Costello was inspired by Iain "TillerMaN" Girdwood, TheBusDriver and Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier who played high stakes compared to his low stakes.
- Costello plays anywhere from $5/$10 to $100/$200, and enjoys heads up play.
- Costello's best and worst losing days have been around $50,000.
- Costello still enjoys StarCraft, table tennis, soccer, and chess when he he has free time.
Stephen "PoorUser" Costello enjoys 16 tabling his poker playing with a style that is less mathematical or rigid, but rather requiring adaption and hand reading.
Costello giving some poker training advice:
Other famous poker player profiles: