Eunjong 'JJu' Byun Profile
- Byun was recruited by STX Soul Team to play StarCraft in 2003.
- Byun moved to Samsung Khan E-sports Team in 2005, where he acted as team leader.
- Byun helped bring the 2007 StarCraft Pro League Season Championship.
- Byun won three major StarCraft tournaments before retiring from pro gaming in 2008.
- 2003 MBC TeamLeague Rookie Award
- 2004 Hangame Ongamenet Starleague 4th place
- 2004 Proleague 2nd Place
- 2005 Proleague 2nd Place
- 2005 Korea E-Sports Association League 1st Place (MVP)
- 2006 Proleague 1st Place
- 2006 Ongamenet StarLeague 4th Place
- 2006 MBC Starleague 3rd Place
- 2006 Ranked 3rd Place for All-time Progamer Ranking
- Byun was introduced to poker in 2006, starting to play in local poker rooms.
- Byun then switched to online poker working his way up from the lowest stakes.
- Byun is an avid boxer, practicing as much as four times a week.
- Byun credits poker training sites and practice with friends for accelerating his growth as a player for when he turned to being a professional poker player in 2008.
- One of Byun's favorite players is Phil Ivey who he admires for “his aggressive style is something that I always wanted to resemble. I often observe his high stakes games.”
- Byun will play tournaments from as little as $20 to $1k buy-ins.
Eunjong "JJu" Byun is one of the most infamous Zergs ever. He is known for his famous saying "There's nothing but a straight (punch) for a man."
Byun doesn't have any poker videos, so I'm sharing his StarCraft Korea2005 final match and a 4 pool rush from JJu:
Other famous poker player profiles: