Surinder Sunar Profile
- Sunar moved to England with his family at the age of seven.
- Sunar holds a black belt in karate which he credits with improving his concentration for long live tournaments.
- Sunar made his first WSOP final table in 1990 finishing in third behind Johnny Moss.
- Sunar is known for his patience and concentration at the table.
- Sunar is a member of the European Poker Hall of Fame.
- Sunar, during a tournament, left one hundred thousand dollars in his Amsterdam hotel and didn’t think of it until he woke up the next morning back home in Wolverhampton.
- Sunar during a tournament was once told by Dave "The Devilfish" Ulliot that Princess Diana had just died in a car accident, but he remained unfazed in his tournament choosing to mourn on his own time after the tournament.
- Sunar once made Phil Hellmuth whine and cry at a final table in Atlantic City at the Taj Mahal.
- Sunar was the first foreign poker player to play in the Aviation Club in Paris.
- Sunar won the longest heads-up play in WPT history at the time while being taunted by Tony G.
- Sunar has a 107 year old grandfather who lives in Dhinpur Punjab, the mountains of northern India who imparts wisdom to his grandson.
Sunar videos with a couple interviews during tournaments and an unlucky hand:
Other famous poker player profiles: