John 'the razor' Phan Profile
- Phan's family left Vietnam in 1982 due to political unrest that followed the Vietnam War when he was seven.
- Phan started playing cards when he was 16, first playing low limit for fun.
- Phan family didn't approve of at first, but after seeing his success and that it was a game of mind, they supported him.
- Phan enrolled at San Joaquin Delta College, but didn't attend due to his success in poker.
- By the age of 21, Phan was making a living from poker.
- Phan's first tournament win was in 1998 when he won a $200 Seven-Card Stud tournament during the Big Poker October in Los Angeles.
- Phan's first two big tournament scores were at the 2004 Jack Binion World Poker Open profiting nearly $250k.
- Phan ran hot in 2004 and 2005 winning or finishing strong in numerous tournaments.
- Phan made back to back WPT final tables in 2008.
- Phan still revisits Vietnam donating money and helping relatives, actually adopting one child when the parents.
Phan exit interview after his second WSOP win and a two part interview:
Other famous poker player profiles: