Joe Hachem Profile
- Hachem and his family moved at age six from Lebanon to Melbourne, Australia.
- Hachem played the Manila version of poker for fun during teenage years until the mid 1990's after watching the movie Rounders that he switched to Texas Hold'em and started his luck playing live at the Crowne Casino.
- Hachem worked as a chiropractor for 13 years before giving up on that career after developing a rare blood disord that affected his hands.
- Hachem started playing poker around 1995, running a small brokerage business in Victoria at the time.
- Hachem spent years trying to control his typical Lebanese temper at the table.
- Hachem played a few years around Melbourne before heading for the fateful WSOP in 2005.
- Hachem outlasted 5618 players at the 2005 WSOP.
- Hachem and his supporters created a new terms in poker with lines like "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!" "pass the sugar"
- Hachem credits the Australian competitive spirit and never give up attitude with contributing to his positive poker perspective.
- Hachem joined rare company of only Doyle Brunson, Carlos Mortenson, Dan Harrington and Scotty Nguyen who have wons the WSOP Main Event and a WPT championship title.
- Hachem is considered the "Godfather of Australian poker" for having ignited a poker boom in Australia after his WSOP win.
Hachem wants to show the world that you don't have to be a young gun or a degenerate to be successful in poker. He is a responsible father and husband who balance poker and his other interests. He credits patience, good judgment and memory, and gut instinct that helps you to read opponents as being keys to success.
Hachem's WSOP win, some brief advice and a good laydown on High Stakes Poker:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates