Kathy Liebert Profile
- Liebert attended Marist College graduating with a degree in Business and Finance.
- Liebert worked for Dun & Bradstreet, but she quit her job to follow her heart and dreams
- Liebert moved to Colorado because she was attracted to the prospect of skiing in the Rockies.
- Liebert started her early professional poker career as a prop player in Colorado.
- Liebert finished second in her first tournament in Las Vegas, Omah Hi-Lo. A week later she entered her first Texas Hold'em tournament and took second again. After one week of tournament poker, she had won $34,000.
- Liebert's first big break came in 1997 when she finished 2nd in a WSOP event, cashing for over $120k.
- Liebert holds a blue belt in karate.
- The year Liebert won her WSOP bracelet was the only year that three women won bracelets, Cyndy Violette and Annie Duke.
Kathy "PokerKat" Liebert hasn't had the marketing and promotional glory of some players, but she is well respected by established poker pros around the world. Due to her financial background, Liebert prefers to invest her winnings into the stock market, instead of living a lavish lifestyle. She travels the poker circuit on her goal to define her legacy as the top female poker player ever.
A video interview with Kathy Liebert describing how she came up in poker:
Other famous poker player profiles:
Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier
Ashton "theASHMAN103" Griffin
Dan “jungleman12” Cates