National Challenger: rANDY: 'things worked out well using the other races'
rANDY had the time to sit down for a chat after his victory in the Inside Nation GosuGamers National Challenger Cup.
- It was very enjoyable. It was very well run and I had no problems with admins or anything. A very smooth event, but that is what I have come to expect with GosuGamers tournaments from SC1 - no problems :)
Who was your hardest oppontent throughout the tournament?
- Satiini was the hardest opponent. Our series went right to the last game and I was quite nervous. I expected to lose today no matter who I played, since I've recently lost faith in my zerg. However things worked out well using the other races. Recently I have been using protoss quite a bit, and even though I don't have much experience with them, I find I get better results vs better players than I did with Zerg.
Why do you think that is?
- I feel I am not a strong enough player to get good results with zerg, I'm not fast enough and I don't play enough. After playing some games with terran and protoss I feel much more free in the gameplay. I can dictate what happens and what direction the game takes instead of being forced to react to what my opponent is doing.
What do you think about the latest balance changes?
- I haven't been able to play enough recently to have a strong opinion. I recently started a full time job :(
However, personally I feel Terran and Protoss are ahead of Zerg at the moment. I feel it is close between Terran and Protoss but if forced to choose I would give Terran the edge. The game is still young though, in a few months time things could change even without any patches, just advacements in player skill and new strategies.
- Thanks to my team and teammates at Team Infused and our main sponsor TteSPORTs. Also thanks to my girlfriend Nancy for being so patient waiting while I played this tournament today, my friend Kish for warming up with me, Ryan, Adam, and all my other friends and any supporters I have(?)
Visit http://www.team-infused.net/ :)