Azarkon on solo mids, ferrari medicore?

67 replies to this topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

#1 BTS.GoDz

BTS.GoDz

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

"High level games are not absent of mistakes. But people do need to stop bandwagoning on Ferrari. He still is a rather unstable player, and isn't 'best mid solo' just because he won TI 2. His CS skills are mediocre among top mid solos, and while his skill usage and movements are decent, he plays too passive / safe to carry the momentum of the game in half the games he plays."

Ferrari cs'ing mediocre??

Yeah iG just won TI-2, as well as G-league (3-1) , as well as ACE (2-0) with a mediocre solo mid player.

Any other world-class players who are mediocre?

#2 sharingannn

sharingannn

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Really Godz... You actually care what he says?..

#3 luc14n0

luc14n0

Akke Chen

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

When you make threads like this, the guy's ego goes through the roof... Just ignore him.

#4 Suoh_Mikoto

Suoh_Mikoto

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

Don't care about this guy (Azarkon)...after all he is Yajirobe's brother..

#5 SwineEyedSheep

SwineEyedSheep

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

Where did he say that? that guy must be crazy

#6 SeiyuBR

SeiyuBR

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

Agreed with some parts.
The best solo mid player are Mushi and Yamateh. Dendi admited that he got outplayed at TI2 by them.

http://www.reddit.co...dendi_here_ama/

Question:
Which competitive player was the hardest to play against in TI2? Why?
And a "must ask" question. Which one do you wanna fight against? One horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horse?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dendi's answer:
For some reasons for me it was Mushi . I don't think i am going to be ***d like that again . One of the reasons = lack of experience in playing Q+W invoker on mid lane . Mushi pulled it to the limits , and lasthitted like 95% of creeps in first 3 creepwaves (while his mediocore attack was 9 higher + better animation) . But in theory it's possible , but on practice it's super hard . i give it 5-15% to happen . So next time we meet , i won't give it up so easy . Even thought i didn't die atleast :D and was trying to get back in the game , but there is big part of my fault in that game . Second game it was YamateH with dejavu lineup . I think everyone would get pressured on my place . When you realise you need to pull this to the limits ... that those 5-15% should work for you . +YamateH build was smarter , he took more dmg . +I started to play agressive (while i wasn't supposed to) . well all this = excuses :) i got ***d ! Means - need to work harder .

#7 easytime

easytime

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

if anyone was passive and unstable it was yamateh

#8 Revoir-

Revoir-

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

Wow, so first was Kuroky and now Dendi admitted that they got outplayed by Mushi, Dendi should really be working hard right now, hope he and Mushi face off in the mid lane again.

Anyways Azarkon's analysis are not the same anymore unlike before, he used to be unbiased but now for me it seems like he's being biased against the Chinese.

#9 Bone

Bone

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

#6,
Just because Dendi said that he personally found Mushi and YamateH the toughest at the International 2, it doesn't suddenly make them the 2 best solo mid players.

The reasons for this are numerous, I'll list some of them for you:

1. Every player has different strengths and weaknesses, and so every matchup between two different players is a battle of these strengths and weaknesses. For all you know, Mushi might be really good at something Dendi isn't as good as, and this causes Mushi to shine in the matchup. However, theoretically for example, Ferrari might be as good as Mushi in that area but better in other areas leading Ferrari to shine against Mushi.

2. Your statement also sounds like it's assuming Dendi was the best solo mid player (you argument looks like "since Dendi was best and beaten, then Mushi and Yamateh are best"). This argument is really stupid; Dendi is a very good player, there's no doubt about it. But he has always been outshone by most of the top Asian mid players at LAN events. Yes, there have been cases where he dominated a game with a hero like Pudge; but remember this hero doesn't win lanes by the standard conventions (having more creep kills, having more experience, etc., which in standard games define how good the player is at mid)... it wins by PKing effectively, not by outlaning the opponent.

---

In regards to the OP... if someone is calling Ferrari mediocre then EVERY player is mediocre. This Azarkon person obviously has some mental problems; my theory is that in his sick little mind with an inflated ego he thinks of himself as the best player in the world, and sees everyone as mediocre compared to him. You cannot argue with people like this, they are non-logical, self-centered and will not change their beliefs even when the truth is undoubtedly revealed.

Edited by GosuCrew

#10 N7

N7

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Maybe years of watching EU pub throw dota clouded Azarkon's pathetic mind.
Oh well..He is irrelevant anyway.